Bring back your smile with restorative dental care
- Fillings to replace dental decay and to protect your teeth and its nerves.
- Composite (tooth-coloured) fillings, usually used on front teeth, set to perfectly match the colour of your teeth while restoring your tooth’s health.
- Amalgam (silver) fillings, usually used for larger fillings or your back molars, to replace severe dental decay while assuring strength and longevity.
- Crowns to act as a custom-produced helmet to cap your tooth if it’s weakened because of a fracture, or a variety of reasons.
- Bridges, usually made of gold, alloys or a porcelain, to fill a gap in your teeth with two crowns for your teeth, placed on either side of the gap.
- Veneers are ceramic covers for the front surfaces of your teeth. Veneers are done to cosmetically enhance your smile to make them look nicer in colour and shape.
Contact Contact a member of our North Delta Dental team at our Delta/Surrey dentist office to book a consultation for your restorative dental care options.
What is a Root Canal?
You may need a root canal, known by dentists as root canal therapy, if your tooth is severely decayed or cracked or infected (abscessed tooth). Root canal therapy addresses these kinds of unhealthy or injured teeth,
and helps deal with or prevent inflammation or infection (abcess) in or below the tooth.
During a root canal, Dr. Tham and his North Delta Dental Team will remove some tissue within the decayed or cracked tooth. Then, the dentist will fill each of the root canals and the chamber
with a special material and fit your tooth for a crown.
Contact Dr. Tham and the North Delta Dental team to see if you’ll benefit from root canal therapy.
What is Tooth Whitening?
Commonly misnamed as ‘bleaching’, tooth whitening treatment can be completed either in-office or at home. Both treatments makes use of a peroxide-based gel that is applied to the front surfaces of the teeth for a specified amount of time. This treatment is useful in removing external discolouration (from foods like red wine and coffee; or smoking) and internal discolouration (naturally darker teeth or caused by trauma or older fillings). With take-home treatment, impressions (moulds) are taken of your teeth and custom trays are made for you to wear with the tooth whitening gel every evening for a couple of weeks. The benefit of take home trays is that whitening ‘touch-ups’ are easy to do when the teeth start to darken in 1-2 years time.
Contact Dr. Tham or a team member from our Surrey/Delta dentist office for any questions you may have about Tooth Whitening.